New Website & Forum

Home Forums Website New Website & Forum

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Mark Provan
    Keymaster

Hello everyone!

As from today, 15th July 2020, the new website will be in use. The main component initially will be the forum, so make sure to bookmark https://fullarton.cc/forums

In future, the old web addresses will redirect here. Thanks for everyone’s patience with creating new accounts and passwords, it seems we’re all now across here. The old website will continue to exist for the moment, but shouldn’t be used. In the coming weeks it will be shut down.

Thanks all and don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may have

Cheers
    Mark

• This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Mark Provan.
    Derek Skinner
    Participant

Thanks for all your time and effort setting this up

Derek

Jim Ryland
    Participant

Maybe it’s just me, but why when I select chatroom does no log in option appear without having to select general then scroll to foot of page. Layout not great on my android phone in portrait.
    Is it just me being a luddite?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Jim Ryland

No, it’s not just you.
    Back to what a few members think about the website…
    And… fullarton.cc….. does not compute, despite what Guy and others seem to think.

I keep saying it….. we are fullarton wheelers. NOT fullarton…

But, the wall might answer me back…

Kind Regards
    Neil

Mark Provan
    Keymaster

Hi Jim

Yeah that’s no ideal, I’ll get a link to logging it at the top so it’s easier to see.

Neil, we’ve addressed this issue before and I’m in the process of getting fullartonwheelers.co.uk from Brian so that it will also lead to the website.

As I said before, constructive feedback is welcomed to improve the website for everyone, but I’m getting a little tired of unhelpful criticism, that doesn’t result in any guidance to actionable improvements. A lot of time has been out in by members on the new website and will continue to do so until it’s at the point we want it to be at.

Thanks
    Mark

guywalker
    Participant

Mark does this for a living and has been very generous with his time. We need to look after our volunteers people…especially at a time like this 😥

Michael Allen
    Participant

Thanks Mark,its really getting there,and its running well,and from your own personal time.its looking good ,and I find it really easy to use. Just took me a bit to get used to it

These things take time,and the old forum has gone,We are lucky to have access to a forum,website. Many clubs now operate without one

Thanks for doing this
    Mikey

Colin Broadfoot
    Participant

New webpage a much needed improvement. Thanks Mark and other volunteers for putting their hard earned time into this. It is appreciated.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Mark

Yes, I understand that it’s a work in progress, and thank you for sharing the part about securing the web address from Brian as that information was never imparted to the members as far as I know.

Kind Regards
    Neil

Colin Gillies
    Participant

Is it just me or does everyone get signed out randomly? Every now and then I look on forum to find I’ve missed a lot and have to find a topic that will let me sign in again. Could that be changed to where we stay logged in until we choose to log out?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mark

There are some issues with links not working, and what abut creating the log-in at the top of the chatroom page?
    Just a thought.

Kind Regards
    Neil

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mark

What about a direct messaging facility on the forum for members?

Kind Regards
    Neil

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mark

What about checking the links and a direct messaging facility?

Kind Regards
    Neil

Mark Provan
    Keymaster

Hi Neil

Sorry I’ve been spending time over Xmas getting the membership renewals up and running. I’ll revise the links this week.

The forum at the moment doesn’t support direct messaging and I won’t be looking to add this feature, it’s a big chunk of work.

Mark

guywalker
    Participant

This was before my time, but direct messaging was enabled at the beginning of our old website and I believe ‘an incident’ occurred which led to some significant discord…so it was disabled :-/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.