Rothesay weekend of cycling

Home Forums Press Bin Rothesay weekend of cycling

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Allen
    Participant

Me and Charlie headed over for the rothesay weekend of cycling
    We had entered last year but a large patch of fresh gravel ,caused a fall just before the event, so we cancelled
    We entered this year
    Hill climb,
    The serpentine,
    It was cold,windy,but dry
    A good crowd cheeed the riders, up the 13 corners,and Charlie did a great time,forgot the actual time
    I rode as well,but about 35 secs down on my last efforts, let’s just leave it there

My target time for me and Charlie in the 2 up was an hour
    It’s a undulating, rough surfaced route,with quiet roads and amazing scenery if you have time to look

Christina mckenzie, lejog holder and her partner caught us within 4 miles
    But we stuck to our ride,and caught a few pairs ourselves, and ignored the riders overtaking us

The last 4 miles were tough against the wind ,and we came in at 59.22

Great ride for Charlie, and we have agreed to partner again next year ,for sub 58 challenge

There was a 10 mile tt in the morning, and a road race, which we never rode

Great weekend ,and sounds like more interest for fullarton pairs for next year

Thanks to Mark Abrahart for coming over to cheer us on,and was great to see Steve Donaldson

Mikey

Dougie
    Participant

great to see the report – sub 60 minutes very respectable and sub 58 target ambitious but achievable – sorry to have missed the weekend

Allan Duncan
    Participant

Well done to Charlie for carrying Mikey onthe 2up
    Unfortunately there where no takers to partner up with me for the 2up.Didn’t do the hill climb this year,just got the 1st ferry over on Sunday for the 10TT.
    24.20 in tough conditions. 24secs faster than last year,so fairly happy with that

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.