Georgetown Cup

Home Forums Press Bin Georgetown Cup

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dougie
    Participant

Fullarton had four riders in the Georgetown Cup this morning. It was an early start, with a photo call for the team at 08.55 featuring Steve, Gordon and Dougie, with Steve’s classic Flying Scot in pride of place. Allan had no time for such frivolities and was away doing a top secret warm up which was to prove worthwhile later, when he recorded a time 1 second faster than Gordon for fastest FWCC rider of the day. Allan’s time was a massive personal best for the course, over 30 seconds faster than his previous best. Gordon was a little disappointed with a time which was slightly below average for his form this year – perhaps a hard 10 at Loans on Thursday night had something to do with it. No doubt there will be some younger riders who will be hoping that the accumulated effect slows him down further at the club event tomorrow! Steve dispensed with his skinsuit and carbon enhancements to take part in the classic Flying Scot category and acted as a hare for Gordon and Allan on the outward stretch. Dougie coped with the trauma of being caught on the line by his 2 minute man by convincing himself that his flashing red light was the target for Allan that spurred him on to a personal best.
    Allan Duncan – 15.50
    Gordon Graham – 15.51
    Dougie Macdonald – 17.51
    Steve Donaldson – 22.07

Michael Allen
    Participant

Thanks for the report Dougie
    Great times, yes let’s get our young guns prepped for entering next year,and another crack at it and get more fullarton at it
    I plan to return to tts,next season,so me as well😇
    Mikey

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well done to all, who won the cup?

Michael Allen
    Participant

Eric

Glasgow South

Mikey

Gordon Hugh Graham
    Participant

A good wee report Dougie and well done to all who took part. It was great to see Stevie on his Flying Scot… getting harder to make these old bikes fly Steve. Looking at the results and from my calculations Allan was 9th from 166 finishers. Fantastic ride Allan.

It was strange only having four riders when in the past we’ve had closer to 24. As Mikey said, hopefully more riders next year. The event raises money for various charities so definitely worth taking part.

10 seconds outside my course PB… I might have had it if I’d the good sense no to ride the Loans on Thursday night. The legs are getting too auld to recover in such a short period 🙄. Time we had some younger riders giving these events a crack and maybe we’ll see a return from our top TT rider young Darren… pretty certain you’d have been up for the win in today’s event Darren.

Cheers, Gordon G.

guywalker
    Participant

Great report, and congratulations to our FWCC competitors!

Allan Duncan
    Participant

Checked the Georgetown Cup official Results.
    Gordon was 6th (15.51
    Allan was 5th (15.50)
    (just 2sec off a podium 3rd place)

Dougie
    Participant

something strange about those results though, Allan – no JWCC riders mentioned yet they took 3rd team prize

Gordon Hugh Graham
    Participant

Hmm… I think you missed the overflow field Allan. Remember CTT limited to 120 so there’s a second lot. I think there were 166 finishers including the tandem riders… and there were four riders in the overflow who beat us.

We were possibly 9th and 10th which was still very good.

Cheers, Gordon G.

Dougie
    Participant

better than very good, in my opinion – and a solid foundation for a winning team next year?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.